Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Poem

This poem is about how Chris thinks that society is crazy. He beleives that people shouldnt have to depend on society for everything. He also beleives that people should not depend on money and material things all the time. Chris wasnt afraid to do anything he didnt care what anyone thought of him he did what ever he wanted when ever he wanted. He wasnt afriad to do say whats on his mind                                                                                                                                                                            It is a mystery to me
We have a greed
With which we have agreed
You think
You have to
Want more than
You need
Until you have it all
You won’t be freed
Society
You’re a crazy breed
I hope your not lonely
Without me
When you want more than you have
You think you need
And when you think more than you want
Your thoughts
Begin to bleed
I think I need
to find a bigger place
Cause when you have more than you think
You need more space
Society
You’re a crazy breed
I hope
Your not lonely
Without me
Society
Crazy indeed
I hope
Your not lonely
Without me I see them standing at the formal gates of their colleges, 
I see my father strolling out 
under the ocher sandstone arch, the 
red tiles glinting like bent 
plates of blood behind his head, I 
see my mother with a few light books at her hip 
standing at the pillar made of tiny bricks, 
the wrought-iron gate still open behind her, its 
sword-tips aglow in the May air, 
they are about to graduate, they are about to get married, 
they are kids, they are dumb, all they know is they are 
innocent, they would never hurt anybody. 
I want to go up to them and say Stop, 
don’t do it—she’s the wrong woman, 
he’s the wrong man, you are going to do things 
you cannot imagine you would ever do, 
you are going to do bad things to children, 
you are going to suffer in ways you have not heard of, 
you are going to want to die. I want to go 
up to them there in the late May sunlight and say it, 
her hungry pretty face turning to me, 
her pitiful beautiful untouched body, 
his arrogant handsome face turning to me, 
his pitiful beautiful untouched body, 
but I don’t do it. I want to live. I 
take them up like the male and female 
paper dolls and bang them together 
at the hips, like chips of flint, as if to 
strike sparks from them, I say 
Do what you are going to do, and I will tell about it. This poem is from the book. Its about how chris thinks that little kids think that they are so innocent. He talks about his parents and how his father thinks that he is so amaizing. He speakes about his mother and how smart she is. He thinks that kids are dumb and doesnt know anything. He thinks that kids are spoiled. He thinks his parents are dum for having kids this poem is basically about his family and his life.
1. Post your discoveries
2. Explain what the poem means
3. Connect the text to a personal experience and/or an experience that Chris had

Please complete this analysis on AT LEAST TWO poems!

No comments:

Post a Comment